Friday, February 18, 2011

Transform your Wall

Create a dramatic impact using rich wall color and these inexpensive shelves.  Ikea carries gallery shelves for your wall that come in black, white, and woodtone.  They are easy to hang and take only minutes.  Add art and you have a stunning wall.  The artwork I have on display from upper left to right are framed greeting cards, a photo of my last home's stairway.  LL: VanGogh torn from a calendar. LR: I made star bursts using supplies purchased at a dollar store.  The sticks were colored by my Dad (before he passed away from cancer last year) using a black magic marker.  They along with  circle mirrors, were glued (with a glue gun) together to form a star burst.  I made the lower picture  using materials around the house, a bit of gold needlework thread, piece of flat wood, piece of copper, and black screening material.  I laid out a design and glued everything on to a matt back board.  All the frames were  purchased at either a dollar store, drug store, or Michaels.

No comments: